Porto Charities is a non-profit organization dedicated to actively assisting people with developmental or intellectual disabilities; their community and their environment.
The organization’s mission is to:
- Raise and provide funds, resources, assistance, education, residences and overall improved quality of life for people with developmental or intellectual disabilities
- Promote education, awareness, friendship and social forums among members, their families and the community
We also have a sister organization – their information is listed below.
The International Order of Alhambra and Porto Caravan 104
The International Order of Alhambra is a fraternal organization dedicated to assisting persons with intellectual disabilities. The Order’s mission is to:
- Provide assistance, education and residences for the developmentally disabled
- Identify, mark, preserve, and commemorate Catholic historical places, events and persons of international or regional importance;
- Promote fraternalism and sociability among its members and their families.
Porto Caravan No. 104 was chartered in 1956 and is an active Caravan in the International Order of Alhambra with a membership of about 100. Porto Caravan No. 104 is located in the Commonwealth of Virginia environs of the Nation’s Capital. Any practicing Catholic who is 18 years of age or older is eligible to apply for membership.